Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Latest IJA field cap.

Hi All,
    Just got my latest IJA field cap, second from the left. I was starting to build up a small USMC collection until this one popped up for sale so putting the USMC on hold… again, I just love IJA field caps!!!

It’s dated Showa17, Osaka depot. I’ve posted my other field caps before but have the opportunity now to compare them. Four of the field caps are dated Showa19 with the same Osaka depot. The field cap on the right has no liner, just the size (中) punched into the leather sweatband. The officer’s field cap is made with higher quality material and has a name embroidered inside. The two kanji on the top is either Taketa or Takeda. Can someone please help me with the last kanji?

Here's my small USMC collection:
    PTO:USMC Collection-1*.jpg

and my IJA field caps, latest one is second from the left:
    IJA Field Caps.jpg

Officer's Field Cap:
    Attached Files

Comment

Officer's field cap:
      Attached Files

Comment

Officer's field cap: please help with kanji translation, thank you. (Taketa or Takeda???)
        Attached Files

Comment

My latest IJA EM field cap:
          Attached Files

Comment

EM field cap:
            Attached Files

Comment

EM field cap:
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyO View Post
                Officer's field cap: please help with kanji translation, thank you. (Taketa or Takeda???)

成田

Narita Tsutomu; Narita (same as the airport) is a surname. The given name means "Exertion!"

--Guy

Comment

great collections

Comment

verry nice caps

thanks for posting

greetings bruno

Comment

..Thanks GHP!!,.. just when I thought I could get some of the kanji’s right…… Kanji IS very difficult especially when written in semi-cursive or cursive script. I really appreciate your help with the translation of the officer’s name in the cap; it’s always a plus to have a named piece in the collection.

Thanks zts,… one wasn’t enough!! I always like the way the Japanese field cap looked on the soldier, simple and smart. Glad they are still affordable and not like the German m43 field caps where one cap will put you back a bit!$!$

Aloha & Mahalo Bruno, I know you have a nice collection, please post some of your field caps!!!

Here’s more:
                      Attached Files

Comment

EM field cap: I know the kanji's on the leather is small but is there any way it can be translated, thank you. The top one looks to be naka (medium)..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Next EM field cap:
                          Attached Files

Comment

EM field cap:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice collection. I can see how these can become addictive quickly. You have tempted me to get a field cap, big time. J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X