Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed Flag Translation

Hello everyone,
    I found this flag at the OVMS show in Wilmington, OH last weekend. Has that salty "been there" look to it.
    Can you guys please help me with a translation of the signatures?
    I really appreciate the help!!!
    -Matt
    Attached Files

b
    Attached Files

Comment

The top is a slogan, reading from right to left, Ki Buun ChouKyuu, which translates to "pray" for "everlasting fortunes in battle". There is a great pinned thread at the top of this sub forum with a lot of basic slogans such as this one. The writing at the left is most likely the recipients name or the name of the presenting organization or individual.

PG-

Comment

Thank you, Paul! I appreciate the help with it.

Comment

Ooh-La-La!

正三位子爵間部詮信

Shōsanmi Shishakyu Manabe Akinobu Kinshou
          Respectfully written by Senior grade 3rd Court Rank Viscount Manabe Akinobu

Google Translate is Terrible!!
          Originally posted by Google Translate
          Manabe Akinobu (6 August 1878 (Meiji 11 years) - September 4, 1961) is, psychic researcher nobility in Japan (Viscount). He was the 11 generation of the House of Manabe. Eldest son of the ninth feudal lord, Akamichi. The elder brother of Manabe Akiatsu.

1882. Inherited the family estate whith the retirement of his father Akimichi.

1884. Received the nobility title of Viscount promulgated in July, Meiji 17.

November 30, 1943, on the grounds that it is a defendant in fraud of cult-involved organizations, subject to the disposition of noble honorable treatment stopped by the Imperial Household Ministry, and give up knighthood.

1961 death. Family estate was passed on to his child Manabe Akikatsu.

Author of "Life and Mind of immortality - and commentary true story" (1949, Spirit Science Association) Reference
          --Guy

P.S. I look forward to corrections to my kanji readings.

P.S. #2: Shishaku/Viscount: The Japanese cognate shishaku (shi) (Japanese: 子爵) was the fourth of the five peerage ranks established in the Meiji era. The Japanese system of nobility, Kazoku, which existed between 1884 and 1947 was based heavily on the British peerage. At the creation of the system, viscounts were the most numerous of all the ranks, with 324 being created compared to 11 non-imperial princes or dukes, 24 marquises, 76 counts and 74 barons, for a total of 509 peers. Wiki source

Comment

Thanks, Guy! The previous owner did say that it was a governor or some other high ranking official that signed it. As always though, buy the item not the story!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X