No announcement yet.

2014 SOS Japanese Militaria Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my table: Paperwork display with my sake cup collection at the end.
    Attached Files

Comment

The show was good to me as well. I have been looking for a 13th Div. techo for a couple of years now and lo and behold, a dealer had three of them! I also picked up a couple of Japanese diaries, a few other techo, and a nice Homma medal from the Philippines. Along with these, I also picked up a few nice Navy pics.:
      Attached Files

Comment

There were several other dealers with a variety of flags, sake cups, nambus, etc. at their tables. Quite a few swords were available around the show. A Yasukuni shrine sword briefly poked its head up above the waves, but was quickly gobbled up. There were a few items that walked around the show, mostly show and tell stuff that was not for sale. One that quickly comes to mind was a shoe box full of stuff from Iwo Jima, including a salty naval paratrooper's bandoleer. The show went by way too quick -- lots of fun though!

Tom

Comment

Great Pics Tom! I love the stable shots. Thanks for giving us a glimpse at the show. Wish I could have attended.

PG-

Comment

Hi Tom,

Nice display! The photo of the kaigun officer standing next to the kanban -- the kanban says

海軍鈴木部隊本部
            Kaigun Suzuki Butai Honbu
            Navy Suzuki Group HQ

--Guy

Comment

Thanks for posting pics Tom. We appreciate it!

Comment

Thanks for those great pics Tom - I'd love to attend this show one day and meet you guys!

Regards

Russ

Comment

Here is the table that I shared with another Japanese collector
                  Attached Files

Comment

Close up of few of my items
                    Attached Files

Comment

Banzai Meeting on Friday. We had a great turn out as Tom mentioned to include Teri from the Website Nambu World. The BBQ was fantastic
                      Attached Files

Comment

Overall I had a great at the show. Came home with a nice sized 2' 8" x 4' wool stitched Navy flag with some minor mothing.....could not pass up for $200, got a decent Knee Mortar bag, silver anchor for a Navy Winter Fur Cap, NLF Green Rank Patch and a nice Navy Recon Pilots Map Case from Ie Shima. it was finally great to meet Tom and also hang out and chat with all the other Japanese Collectors at the show. The information I learn from other collectors at the SOS is invaluable
                        Attached Files

Comment

2014 sos

Many thanks to David and Tom for posting those great photos. Their images captured some of the really nice pieces that I was trying to recollect off the top of my head! Thanks for the correction on the helmet Dan. I was glad to hear that you got home safe and sound, managing to miss the toughest part of the storm. For those of you who enjoy the history behind the piece, Tom had a truly amazing collection of researched techo on display. Tom, it's always a pleasure. Safe travels on your way back and on your next assignment. Thank you by the way for the great sake cup! It was also very nice to see you again David and to see some of your more recent caving photos and finds. Stay safe...
                          As for me, I managed to get on one of the last flights heading south. My plane took off about 15 minutes late, but was able to make up time and landed in Atlanta under sunny, 72 degree skies! I had to run hard to make my connection because of construction in the terminal, but got into line for the final boarding call in the nick of time. It took me all of about 5 minutes to switch back into shorts, t shirt and bare feet once I arrived home in Florida. You just can't take the beach out of the boy! Looking forward to seeing everyone again next year! Happy collecting to one and all.....
                          MikeB
                          Last edited by MikeB; 03-03-2014, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Fascinating photos and info !!

Thank you for posting.

Cheers!
                            Taka

Comment

Beautiful pics - thank you!

Comment

Superb display and setup...Would love to own the naval helmet, the green and the tan tunic also...so many beautiful and historical things...so little money on my hobby fund!!! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X