No announcement yet.

Japanese Paratrooper Uniform question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for reposting your bread bag. Yours came off eBay from Japan correct? Fascinating post guys! Super items!

Comment

Hi Jareth, yes it came off ebay from Japan. It is what it is, unfortunately i will never be able to completely verify its attachment to that unit and mission. So...it sits in my collection making me happy that I own it LOL

Comment

It's a great piece David. Get the owners stitched name translated. Who knows perhaps a data base exists that has participants names listed

Comment

Collar tabs

Some wore collar tabs on their tunics, most wore them on shirts overlaping the tunic collars. Interesting from my roster, there were no Privates. Many were promoted just before operation during the ceremony. Some are carrying I think British haversacks worn around their necks on their chest. They carried a variety of explosives, grenades, Type 99 magnetic mines, a type of lunge mines on poles, some photos show charges attached to 13 to 16 ft cords or ropes to be thrown over the American planes. I have a list of gear, weapons, explosives carried by each team.
          The pouches often shown to carry the Type 100 SMG curved magazines as the 1/6 Giretsu Sgt Maj doll has is the wrong type.
          Does anyone know the address to the Airborne Museum in Japan?
          By the end of next year my book on the Giretsu should be completed.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff, thanks for posting your fantastic tunic and photos. Look foward to seeing your book. Here is my original post regarding my haversack and some Giretsu photos from my collection.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=giretsu

David.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X