Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 China Incident awards to same man.

Hello,
    A recent win that I thought I might show you fine gentlemen, but with a question.

Was it common for a soldier to be awarded the same medal twice (this was the story the seller gave)?

Thanks in advance.

grimnar,
    You have two different award documents for two different medals:
    First one is an award document for the China Incident War Medal

Originally posted by grimnar View Post

Second one is for the Manchurian Incident War Dispatch Medal

Originally posted by grimnar View Post

BR,
    Chris

Comment

Gensui,
      Thanks for the info...... for once I'm very happy to be wrong.

Just for curiosity sake, this is the other info the seller gave...... I's this information accurate at all?

........These are certificates illustrating the army life and death of a Japanese soldier named Yukimasa Nishino who was from the Kyoto area of Japan. He went to China twice and was in the artillery there from 1931 to 1934 and got the China medal for his service there in 1936. He got the China medal again in 1938 and died as a Sargent there "On the battle field for the emperor" in 1939.

Photo # 2 is his China Service medal certificate dated 1936 and lists his time there in the artillery from 1931 -1934 as an enlisted man. We think this means he was a lower ranking enlisted man like a private.

Photo # 3 is a certificate from an officer (Major?) as a commendation for his being a good artillery man.

Photo # 4 is his second China Service medal certificate dated 1938

Photo # 5 is the certificate sent to his parents (by the emperor) saying Sargent Nishino died on the battle field serving the emperor. It was signed by the Kyoto governor August 11 1939.........

Cheers
      Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X