Sea Bee flag as bas as it gets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sea Bee flag as bas as it gets

Here is an interesting picture I found on the internet today. These poor fellas are either proudly showing off the flag they just traded for, or are proudly showing off the flag they just made to trade to some unsuspecting sucker! Either way, its got to be the worst "SeaBee special" flag that I have seen.

PG-l
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Paul G; 04-14-2013, 10:58 AM.

That is so bad it's cool!

Comment

Writing looks Korean.

Comment

Although I suppose it is a fake that writing resembles Korean. Wouldn't it be interesting if it was legit.

Regards,
        Stu

Comment

That makes me wonder what happens if one of the collectors happened to sell this flag on the eStand saying it was a 100% period flag he's just got it from a vet without proof... He'd probably be laughed at

Comment

It is an American attempt at Korean names that adorn the flag, not Japanese.

Comment

The thought of Korean didn't even come to mind. I can see where you guys would say that with all those circles.

PG-

Comment

Is this a Korean war era Red Cross flag..looks like a cross in that meatball..Billbert

Comment

Good catch billbert, there is a cross there. The picture is probably dated wrong..?

Comment

Lots of Koreans joined the Japanese arm forces during WWII, so they might actually

captured the flags that were wrote by Koreans. A rear piece if it' s real.

Anyone can read or translate Korean?

Taka

Comment

I just checked with our budget lady, Ms. Hyo. She said the lettering is Hangul, but they make no sense at all in Korean, just an amalgamation of various words. Only the bottom 3 hangul on the left corner along the hoist might make sense -- it might be a woman's name, "Yun Gi-Jan" .... but she's not certain.

Yupper ... GIs getting ready to rip-off another GI !!!

--Guy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X