Japanese Prayer Flag Signed By Yamamoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Prayer Flag Signed By Yamamoto

I have been told that someone who reads Japanese and knows this type of militaria
    claims that Admiral Yamamoto signed this flag.

I don't believe it. Can anyone help me out ??
    Attached Files

It was presented to someone with the family name Yamamoto (which is a common name), but not the admiral, who's name is Yamamoto Isoroku 山本五十六

On flags that I've owned or seen that were signed by someone important, their signature is usually the only signature.
    Example: This flag signed by Gen. Suematsu

(Top) Total Destruction to America and England (Far right) Congratulations on enlisting (Right middle) 為山下邦夫君 to Yamashіta Kunio-kun (Near Right)陸軍中将 Lt. General 末松 Suematsu 茂治 Shigeharu
    Last edited by Papa Nambu; 06-13-2012, 09:29 PM. Reason: Edited to fool the word filter. Yamashіta Yamashіta Yamashіta

Comment

Papa is right, not the same Yamamoto. That fingerprint looks interesting. Doubtful he did that.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your help. Does this flag have any value other than a regular prayer flag ?

Comment

Originally posted by manayunkman View Post
          Thank you for your help. Does this flag have any value other than a regular prayer flag ?
          It's still a very nice flag. The hand print (Usually these are done by a child who did not know how to write yet) and the red "congratulations" kanji aren't seen on every flag, so this one is better than average.

Comment

Thank you for your help

M

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X