Koto Katana for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koto Katana for Sale

Admins - I attempted to post on the eStand, but it wouldn't let me. Please move if necessary.

I am selling a blade on eBay listed here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120589621955

Blade Description:
    Offered is a fantastic koto katana that is being sold due to some financial pressures. The exact date of this katana is unknown, but has been speculated to be either Muromachi (1392 - 1573) or as early as Nanbokucho (1336 - 1392). Most blades of this age show signs of age and over polish, but not this one. The blade is in spectacular health with no ware, no chips, no bends, or other kizu. In old polish, which makes pinning down the school and blade specifics challenging. Conversations lead to a hypothesis of Yamashiro Tradition, Aoye School, but shinsa is required to tell for certain. Marvelous balance in hand and honestly the nicest blade in my collection, deserving of a polish but able to enjoy as is.

All Photos listed on PhotoBucket here: http://s854.photobucket.com/albums/a...Koto%20Katana/

**Details given above are opinion based on documented research and are not guaranteed to be true - Please judge blade on photos and if you have questions, please ask.

Blade Details
    Nagasa – Cutting edge: 26.5” (Before suriage, 29.75”)
    Nakago: 7.75"
    Kasane: 0.2”
    Sakihaba: 0.75" (Fumbari)
    Mihaba: 1.25"
    Yokote: 1.73”
    Ha-machi: 0.12"
    Mune-machi: 0.16"
    Sori: 0.75"
    Nakago-jiri: Kiri (O-suriage)
    Yasurime: Kiri
    Mune: Iori-mune
    Hamon: Hoso-Suguha (w/ slight notare undulations)
    Hada: Masame-hada, but difficult to tell due to polish
    Hi: Bo-bi
    Hi-tome: Kaki-nagashi (hi width decreasing past original mekugi-ana)
    Boshi: Ko-maru

Mount Details
    Fuchi/Kashira: Sunflower Patern in Shakudo signed, Yokoya Teruyuki (横谷英行)
    Tsuba: Mumei Sunflower design Ono school iron tsuba
    Saya: Saya is a lacquered wood in pristine condition

If you are interested, please contact me directly. All reasonable offers will be heard until 12 hours before the end of the auction. Auction has a low reserve price of $3,000. Unfortunately I need to move this and am willing to take a loss on the piece.

Regards,
    Joe

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
X