Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IJN Navy Pants

Hello all,

Came across a very interesting and intrigeuing pair pf pants.
    They seem to not only have the ealier white tag(which i swear looks like its light green,but its probally from being washed and the green dyes from the pants going into the tag) but it asl has a late war ink stamp as well.
    I never have heard of this before.
    Why would there ne an early and a latewar tag.The latewar tag was also filled in but from (im guessing here)being washed it has faded completly away. The early tag is still pretty clear with owners name that I would like have transfered of spmebody could lend a help with that,I am very greatful for your help. Navy pants dont pop up to often but there near to see when they do,so i hope you all enjoy and maybe we can figure what is going on here out? Thanks all.
    Regards,
    Michael

Latewar Tag

Comment

Earler White stitched in tag

Comment

They are not the SNLF type nor the 44 type. They were made at Maizuru. I can't see any pockets. They are almost identical to the weird ones I have but mine don't have any visible labels. My guess is they were dyed green.

Comment

Thanks Scott, So this pair was made at the Maizuru naval arsenal? Thats neat as this paricular arsenal was part of a naval shipyard pre and during ww2(just did a quick search on the web on the arsenal).

There are actually two side waist pockets. My poor/quick camera skills didnt capture that but they are there.

Scott,would you mind posting yours for comparisons? Maybe they were from the same stock. Do your have any evidence of a tag at all?

Comment

Originally posted by FightenIrish35 View Post
            Thanks Scott, So this pair was made at the Maizuru naval arsenal? Thats neat as this paricular arsenal was part of a naval shipyard pre and during ww2(just did a quick search on the web on the arsenal).

There are actually two side waist pockets. My poor/quick camera skills didnt capture that but they are there.

Scott,would you mind posting yours for comparisons? Maybe they were from the same stock. Do your have any evidence of a tag at all?
            Sorry Michael I meant Sasebo arsenal. I have been researching another tag and had a Freudian slip lol. I no longer have those pants as of a week or so ago. They were pretty washed out but had no pockets. The style was very similar to yours though.

Comment

I agree with Scott. Variation of late green navy pants. Not combat nor NLF.

Comment

Thank you guys...

So if these are not combat or NLF pants....would these be used on shipboard...or dress pants....or troops who are garrisoned on an island? Thanks

Comment

yes, yes & yes

Comment

So there are actually more than two types of Navy "greens"?

NLF pants -two pleated rear pockets?

Late Navy greens combat with ___________?

Late Navy greens, shipboard with no pockets and strap?

Does someone have a pair of the late Navy "combat" greens, i.e., post NLF and/or describe them for me?

Thanks,
                    Zach

Comment

NLF pants also have buttons on ankles (late variation has ties)

Comment

petty officers have buttons enlisted have ties

Comment

what reference source is this info from?

Comment

Thank you fellas!!!

I for one would be curious to see the correct type of pants that are the 1944 greens and the NLF style pants just so I know what to look for.

Comment

I will post some SNLF style pants later this week if nobody else has some pics.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X