Be careful of press photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful of press photos

I remember like a week ago one of many photos on ebay being sold as original, and then i saw the exact same photo on the cover of this magazine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-WWII-JA...item335e757873

The photo being sold was in sepia and this magazine has obviously been colorized, but I remember it being titled something like, "women with tank". Anyways, got me thinking to be more careful on photos that are titled as original, when they could be press or magazine photos.

Original and Unpublished are two different things, every published photograph has an original someplace. Also what is an original photograph? All photographs are made from a negative and you can make as many photographs as you want. There may be 50 photographs made from one negative when the film was first developed, is one an original and the other 49 copies? The photographs you see in books and magazines are called half tones and are not by any means original but any picture made directly from the negative is usually considered an original. Keep in mind this is not apply artist signed and numbered or copyrighted pictures.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
    X