Recent Havelock on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Havelock on Ebay

This is a new repro havelock coming out of Japan as of late. The markings look pretty good - but they are bad and can be bought for about $10-20. bucks, don't get suckered like this poor guy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-JAPANESE-AR...#ht_500wt_1154

Appreciate you posting this one Dean.
    Cant believe this one went up to 210.00 though,wow!
    It just shows you the point on why sellers are labeling this stuff as real..and of course im not shocked to see who the seller is....the one and only,Cupman...hows he sleep at night selling repro items and tweaked/"enhanced" items to unsuspected newbies/unexperienced collector? Such a shame.

Comment

Hello Dean.Thanks for the post.I was one that had this on my watch list.I took note of who the seller was immediatly.But I still wondered if it was real or not.Too new looking coupled with Cupman's reputation I was not about to take a chance on that one.Nice to hear it confirmed by the membership at the WAF as being bogus.As these are very difficult at best to authenticate.And yes,I have read the forum's thread on "Havelocks"... Excellent.Thanks again guys,Gerald.

Comment

It looks wrong.
        Specially the sellers ebay id means alert and warning.

Comment

Thanks Dean. Your comments are helpful. This not my particular area and therefore it is good to receive input from more knowledgeable members.
          Last edited by Michael Downey; 06-20-2010, 06:53 PM.

Comment

By this time everyone knows the rep of this seller, and knows to stay away, however its when it gets resold or traded down the line. The Japanese reproductions have been coming with black colored pegs (plastic?) or brass pegs like the one listed above. I have seen them marked showa 9,13,18,19. So there are multiple variations of the same stampings. They are being sold as reproductions in Japan.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X