Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okinawan Tunnel Relics

Good afternoon,

I thought you might enjoy this article on a group of U.S Airmen stationed on Okinawa in the 1960s.

They explored the WW2 caves and tunnels and dedicated themselves to creating a museum of the relics which they'd uncovered.

Here's a link: http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0100613x1.html

All the best,

YJ

Great article. Davenport's son is a Japanese Militaria Forum board member & posts here often. We are lucky to have him.

Comment

Fantastic article! I am proud to call this great man's son my friend. What a coincidence you posted this now. All I can say is the apple does not fall far from the tree. All the attributes mentioned about David Davenport Sr in that article are alive and well in his son. Again, thanks so much for posting this YJ and welcome.
      Scott

Comment

Great article.

Comment

Yes, fantastic article - many thanks for the link.

Regards

Russ

Comment

David's in Okinawa now he will like this

Comment

Okinawa Tunnel Relics

Really a nice article! Thank you for posting it. MikeB

Comment

A fantastic memorial!
                Jeff

Comment

That is a great article thanks for posting it. I'm glad there are people like that . Who have the intrest to preserve these artifacts and keep history alive so it will not be forgotten.

Comment

sounded like a cool guy. great article!

Comment

Cool, thanks for posting!

Wonder how much still hasen't been excavated on those islands

Comment

Great Article. David sounded like a real life Indiana Jones.

Comment

Thanks for posting. My Marine son is going to Okinawa fall of 2010 and I plan on visiting some time during his 3 year assignment. I will make a point to vist the museum.
                          Dan H

Comment

Thanks all for the nice comments. I do miss my father as we would talk for hours about collecting and relic hunting..im glad that this story was told and everyone enjoyed it. Just returned from Okinawa last week and was able to get some relic hunting in but the rain kept us from venturing deep into the jungle so we just revisited several caves that we had been too. As soon as I can get to minimizing the photos this weekend will post and share my relic hunting pics. Hope all is well.

David.

Comment

Look fowards to it David always love seeing the things you find!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X