Chinese Samurai Swords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese Samurai Swords?

Purusing Ebay I ran across Chinese dealers selling what they purport to be Japanese Samurai swords. Considering the prices, they must be repros. However, from the pictures, they seem well made and accurate with some nice tempuring patterns. Are they making these by traditional Japanese methods or have they found a way to mass produce them in a way which looks--at least on the surface--authentic?
    Thanks sword mavens.
    Rich

have they found a way to mass produce them in a way which looks--at least on the surface--authentic?
    100% yes, is one or two in china that do collect Nihonto, dont think their on ebay.
    Last edited by Budo45; 03-28-2010, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RichW. View Post
      Purusing Ebay I ran across Chinese dealers selling what they purport to be Japanese Samurai swords. Considering the prices, they must be repros. However, from the pictures, they seem well made and accurate with some nice tempuring patterns. Are they making these by traditional Japanese methods or have they found a way to mass produce them in a way which looks--at least on the surface--authentic?
      Thanks sword mavens.
      Rich
      Heres a simple rule, dont buy any collectible from sommeone in China, especialy one Ebay. MOst if not all the time, they made it themself....

Comment

The answer is yes, the Chinese CAN make swords that have an authentic look to them. I will likely get hooted down for saying this, but it is an absolute fact.

I personally know of Chinese-made swords that have had the tangs dressed up a little better, were fitted in ORIGINAL WW2 army and navy mountings, and sold as quality original Japanese Swords. And I don't mean to novice collectors, either.

I will say no more on this subject!

Comment

All the blades are machine made with acid etched temper lines.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X