Japanese Helmet - Opinions Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Helmet - Opinions Wanted

I’ve been offered this helmet at a reasonable price. It is allegedly part of a three piece vet bring back which includes a flag marked by a USMC vet “Saipan 1944” and a Bayonet. The color of the helmet is what throws me off, I’m used to seeing the Dead Grass helmet colors. Could this be a wartime paint job, special unit, re-issued, or a post war clean up by the vet/bubba??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not a Type 90 combat helmet - if that’s what you want, buying this will be a mistake. Some type of civilian helmet dressed up post war.

Regards

Russ

Comment

Total bull **** story! Helmet is Swedish with an added star

Comment

Thanks for the information! It was on the cheaper side, but even $1 spent on garbage doesn’t make sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
          That is exactly what it is a lot of movie studios used these helmets as Japanese WW2 helmets in there war movies I am sure the rest of the story is BS.

Stay Safe
          Dennis J

Comment

WOW! Hard to believe someone actually tried to pawn it off as an original Veteran bring back war trophy.

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
              +1 total rip off cloaked in a total lie "vet bring back grouping"

Comment

I wonder what the other vet bring back stuff looks like "Saipan 1994 "

Save your money my friend a deal that's to good to be true usually is to good to be true .

It's good though you have this forum to help or we would all be stung at some time I certainly have

Graeme

Ps I do hope you get a good one sometime

Comment

Bad helmet - ugly

Comment

Originally posted by dog soldier View Post
                    I wonder what the other vet bring back stuff looks like "Saipan 1994 "

Save your money my friend a deal that's to good to be true usually is to good to be true .

It's good though you have this forum to help or we would all be stung at some time I certainly have

Graeme

Ps I do hope you get a good one sometime

Had a couple other pieces Arisaka bayonet and Flag. Bayonet looked fine, I don’t know enough about Japanese Silk flags to know time frame unfortunately. I’ve seen on more than one occasion someone buying from an estate b/c someone was a collector and bought some bad stuff that gets passed along as real. Think that’s probably what happened here but vet know, definitely appreciate everyone’s feedback though, saved me some cash for sure!

Unfortunately it seems try as you might stay in this hobby long enough and you will get burned. I remember about 10 years ago bought a German cross in gold, great enameling work, great patina, wrong screws...

Comment

Unfortunately it seems try as you might stay in this hobby long enough and you will get burned. I remember about 10 years ago bought a German cross in gold, great enameling work, great patina, wrong screws...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it sir I bought an SS helmet after cashing saving my parents had given me and was stung

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X