Observer Badge???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Observer Badge???

I have a person interested in liquidating their collection.
    It happens.
    He has WW2 stuff that I would be interested in but with him, it's all or nothing, so I have to look at buying his WW1 badges also.
    I know nothing about them.
    Perhaps someone might look at these as I put them up and tell me if they are any good or not??
    Thank you,
    Tim
    Attached Files

This would be Bavarian gunner (crown is Bvn crown as opposed to Prussian). Very rare of original. Others more versed can comment.

Gary B
    ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

The finish/patina and definitely the maker's mark raise issues for me. I'll be interested to read what others more knowledgeable about this type think as well.

Regards
      Mike
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

I'm not a big fan of this one, but we need Ferg to have a look at this one.

Comment

Sadly it’s wrong .
          Eagle is not Pollath but someone has altered the shape of the target to make it look like one from that maker then some resoldering work has gone on there, crafty !
          Eagle is more in line with the crown marked Junckers . Front of badge wreath etc has all the tell tale marks of the usual copies bow at base detail is wrong and one oak leave is always flattened or burred on these copies .its the same ‘carcass’ as the spokeless wheel copies but with a hybrid eagle of sorts. I have never seen a genuine bav gunner that has a C.Poellath mark either . Pin looks like others I have seen ,good quality but no cigar . Clever copy and dangerous to the unwary .
          Ferg

Comment

It definitely looks different compared with others I have seen (which leaf exactly are you referring to, Ferg?), I always thought this MM to be a red flag.
            But:
            As far as I remember a very similar one is shown in the Baldes tome as an original (which is not necessarily the thruth ) ...
            I have to check that this evening and be back (with pictures, maybe)

But: Ferg usually is right

Regards
            Hagrid

Comment

Thank you for all of the replies.
              I'll have to see how things develop with the owner.
              Tim

Comment

Hagrid , Second oak leaf up from base ,middle one . Flattened as if it has been heavily worn ,there all the same .
                Ferg

Comment

Thank you for sharing this useful observation!
                  Regards
                  Hagrid

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X