Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rothe PLM

Hi Guys,

Please could I get some opinions on the manufacture period and market value of this PLM?

It appears to be a gilt bronze Rothe in the correct type of case for these- it is completely unmarked. I am guessing 1950s-60s?

Many thanks for any thoughts offered!

Kind regards,

Patrick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

;;;
      Attached Files

Comment

plm

Hi Patrick yours is a later made plm as it has a wide center to it. If you look at the early ones made they have a narrow center to it. Here is a picture of the early rothie I had. It had the darker blue enamel.Cliff
        Attached Files
        Last edited by cobra-2001; 06-21-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

thanks Cliff, I figured it must be post WW2- that's a fine cross you had!

Interesting that the design of the crown on yours is different

Comment

Does anyone known when Rothe changed the design of their PLM- after 45 or before WW2?

Comment

Hi Gents,

Elmar Lang is the expert in these--if possible to get his opinion, well worth it. Here is a thread you might have seen with fundamentally the same cross type, but well-marked: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=389820

To my eye, your cross shows greater die-wear on the eagles' chests, perhaps arguing it was made after the one in that thread (why without marks?...mystery?)

Your case sure shows a perfect fit for the cross, Patrick! Given the arm dimensions of this type vs the narrower-waist version, that supports cross and case being original to one another rather than mated at a later date, would think.

Good looking ribbon, too!

Jim
              Last edited by Zepenthusiast; 06-26-2019, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X