Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxed medal bars.

Hi.

Is there usually any consistency with imperial medal bars and boxes they are stored? Just got this medal bar that came with this funny box, but the box is stamped by compaby that started operating in 1939 in british India. The boxes are usually private purchased, that I know but is it completely weird to have ww1 bar and box by later company. I hope that the pic is visible. If not, I hope ypu could still help.

Also is there anything you could tell me about the boxed Hindenburg cross?
    -Niki

As it seems, I miserably failed to post the pic with my phone, but it would be nice if you could send pics of your own boxed medal bars. And about the Hindenburg cross, are they rare boxed? At least I havnt seen too many, exept few in emedals every now and then and they seemed to go for around 150$, which imo is pretty good for a 10-20$ medal.

Comment

Niki,

Medal bars can be cased, boxed or mounted on cardboard. The boxes are typically from the tailor or retail firm that assembled the medal bar and are normally marked with the firms name on the outside or interior lid. Many times the frim name on the box will match the label on the medal bar.

Cases for medal bars were an optional purchase item.

Gary B
      Attached Files
      ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X