Gunner's badge Imprial AF. Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gunner's badge Imprial AF. Opinions Please

Recently acquired Imperial German AF Gunner's badge. In an unmarked box. I took a chance on this as well. Opinions are appreciated.

Thank You, Mike
    Attached Files

I have seen a few of these recently, in fact there’s one on eBay right now in an unlined box , the dealer is dubious but that doesn’t always make the badge bad. However , I do not get a good feeling on these types of air gunner. I guess ,at best post war .1930s and beyond....maybe. Not enough of the box visible to make a judgment on that. Ferg

Comment

Not a original period badge. I doubt that this is a late private purchased piece.

Kind regards Alex

Comment

More pictures

Better pictures of the box
        Attached Files

Comment

More pictures

The Box
          Attached Files

Comment

The box is almost certainly period but whether or not it started life as a pilot badge case is another question . Usually the standard box for these aviation awards seem to case the badge a little more snugly , in other words there is a lot less space for the badge to fit in. What I am trying to say is the box seems a little too big for a pilot badge case.
            Ferg

Comment

Oh, and I have never seen a pilot badge come in a green box either !
              Ferg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X