Wurttemburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wurttemburg

Thought I would share my latest acquisition, only took me a couple of years to come across one of these.

Wuerttemberg.

Comment

Das war mein fehler, Württemberg. I am new to collecting and was excited to be able to share this.

Comment

I have some concerns. Can you please show some close-ups of the central medallions, the swords and also some shots of the cross from the side?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
          I have some concerns. Can you please show some close-ups of the central medallions, the swords and also some shots of the cross from the side?

Thanks.
          Could you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by lilnuke View Post
            Could you elaborate?
            I can't speak for the Professor, but I think there is some lack of quality in this piece and the requested photos may provide the needed detail.

The short answer, keep your receipt for this Order handy.

I look forward to seeing the photos.

Comment

Originally posted by claudius View Post
              there is some lack of quality in this piece and the requested photos may provide the needed detail.
              +1

Comment

I agree.
                Greetings from Württemberg.

skalp

Thanks.

Comment

The detail is quite poor for such a high order and the enamel appears to likely be acrylic, not glass enamel.

Better photos would confirm this.

Comment

Had some time to take a couple of better pictures. Perhaps these look better?

Comment

IMO, this is a copy and not a particularly good quality one.

Comment

IMO, this is a copy and not a particularly good quality one.
                        +1 shoddy workmanship

Comment

Here is one good example. Look at the workmannship compared to yours.

skalp
                          Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks for your opinions, I may have to seek out an expert. The bad part is that it looks identical to another I have as a part of a full grouping. Were there large numbers of copies made after the war?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X