X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilots badge

Members
    opinions on this one ..I saw this at a show this morning
    it was from a very reputable dealer …Typically i don't not have any interest in these because of the fakes …is this a good one it was offered at 400…
    thanks a lot
    Attached Files

xxxXXxxx

Thanks members ….
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bastogne!
      Judging the oxidation on the reverse and some traits on the front (laurel leaves, shape of prop and others) I would think this is an magnetic example (silvered sheet iron), that - according to Previtera - was made by Deumer. They usually have a die flaw on the right side of the crown - in this case it's not as pronounced, allowing the assumption that it's an earlier specimen.
      The badge is OK (imo), the price is subject to ones personal valuation.
      Regards
      Hagrid

Comment

Thanks (pilots badge )

Thanks for the useful information …any more opinions before i pull the trigger ??

Comment

I like it as well. Nice patina. Market price in my opinion

Comment

It's a nice condition original badge as others have stated and I think at a very good price. I differ from others in that I think this one is plated tombac or maybe even Alpacca ("German Silver"), but a magnet would at least rule in or out iron.

Lastly I don't know that this variation is pre-1919 ( I hope that it is as I have some!) and I have long suspected more like later 20s thru 30s......but I can not be sure. Likewise I simply have never any evidence that this type or other types of one piece stamped badges were actual award badges, but many obviously think that they are.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
              (...) I differ from others in that I think this one is plated tombac or maybe even Alpacca ("German Silver"), but a magnet would at least rule in or out iron. (...)
              It´s hard to tell by the pictures, but I interpreted the brown stains on the reverse (especially around the hinge) as rust...
              Like you mentioned already: A magnet will tell it right away.
              Regards
              Hagrid

Comment

Thanks Members

Members Thanks for the help on the purchase …this jem now sits on my to shell
                FYI ….NON magnetic ….german silver ….
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X