Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Zahringer Lion

Hello all,

I am sharing my first Order of Zahringer Lion. I hope you all enjoy. Any inputs appreciated.

Thank you,
    Scott
    Attached Files

Close up.. Thank you!
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Scott,

Always a beautiful medal. However not quite sure the medal/ribbon bar is a period made one - the hardware looks brand new. The combination of an EK with a ZL without swords is also unusual. Note that the ribbon bar has the swords on it.

Cheers, W

Comment

Very nice. I think the mounting and ribbons look fine for a pre-45 piece.

The swords on the ribbon bar are perplexing but it could simply be a non-matching ribbon bar.

I don't know how common the award of the ZL w/o swords was with the EK2 but surely someone has some statistics. Did it happen? Is this combination known?
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

The OZL w/o swords doesn't seem like a plausible award. If he earned a pre-war Zahringer, then you expect LS and other awards that would indicate a long career.

These hooks under the bar make it easy for someone to have swapped out the OZL w/swords that was there, and will make it easy to replace it with the correct award. IMO.

Comment

Thank you Claudius, Streptile, and Wilhelm for your inputs! Very much appreciated! Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
            X