UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a very nice medalbar - do you get the owner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a very nice medalbar - do you get the owner?

i found this really nice medalbar + ribbonbar in a friends collection and thought you like it.
    but do you get the owner (i think it is traceable )
    christian
    but not to many words - the bar now ...
    Attached Files

Very Interesting!

He has a small crown/swords device on the ribbon bar and the medal bar has a Prinzen-Grösse PCO4wX!
    Of course, the miniature bars on the Afrika Service Medal/Ribbon Bar!
    (I'm such a putz with these colonial service medals, I think my brain is constantly running 3 steps ahead of itself!
    Last edited by stogieman; 03-14-2005, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Hi Christian!

Very interesting bar of a Prussian officer... I second Stogie... It's really a beauty. Very sophisticated touch to add a "Prinzengrösse" Kronen Orden 4. Kl. mit X! Very rare, not to speak of the bars on the Südwestafrika-Denkmünze...

What are the last to foreign medals?

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Wow! The very last medal looks like the Albanian Accession of Prince Wilhelm of Wied Medal from 1914.

A little background: On February 6, 1914, Prince Wilhelm I of Wied (a nephew of the Romanian royal family) was declared the first prince. Plagued with internal turmoil between rival families from the start, Wilhelm tried to maintain stability, however, the outbreak of WW I prevented him from obtaining the necessary funding to restore order and was obliged to flee Albania on September 5, 1914.

Really neat to see one on a medal bar...

Comment

That is a lovely combination.. No wonder I haven't seen any albanian Imperial awards before.. Since it didn't exactly last very long.. I'm sure there is someone who can solve this one. Thanks for sharing!
          Antti

Comment

There are lots of nice details on this bar!!! The Wurttemberg Friedrichs Orden is a special one. Look at the where the swords meet the cross. A house jeweler piece! This one has something for everyone.

Comment

niiice combo!

Will have a look in the files.
              The KO4X as Half-mini is a bit odd but o.k.I think.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Thilo von Trotha, born in Strassburg 22 February 1874. Cannot locate him among the no-awards Leutnants, but Oberleutnant 18.8.03 Y.

Headquarters staff Southwest Africa 1905 with the PK4X. In Garde Grenadier Regiment 2 1907 showing that, the WF3bX, ÖFJ3a. Orders Almanac confirms SWA and 1897. GGR2 was one of the regiments whose "Chef" was the Emperor Franz Joseph, hence the 1908 silver Jubilee Medal 3rd from last (wrong ribbon on ribbon bar).

Von Trotha was the senior Oberleutnant in the regiment at the end of 1910, but had gone aD before 1912 (hence no long service cross) and I cannot "find" him in the Honor Rank List, nor among the Helden-gedenkmappe von Trothas, where multiples with same name confuse things.

NO clue what that next to last medal on the medal bar is--looks unofficial.

Comment

Ah! THERE he was in the THIRD supplement to the Honor Rank List, published AFTER my copy was printed--

called back for the war and served in Reserve Infantry Regiment 202 as a Hauptmann aD (what was a Hauptmann zV in the next war), finally retiring as a Major aD, alive 1926.

Now from THAT, he is the Thilo listed in the Helden-gedenkmappe as son of Gen d Inf aD Lothar von Trotha (1848-1920), brutal, war criminal "victor" of the Southwest African war, and indeed in the general von Trotha family genealogical section, it states there that this Thilo went to SWA in 1904 with his father, on his HQ staff, returned to GGR2, and was Hofmarschall of Prince Wied in Albania when the war started, "immediately returning to the homeland and went to the front." In 1921 Thilo von Trotha was living in Zimmermann, Unterfranken.

I assume the medal bar next to last thing is something for African colonial veterans, with the colonies' Schutztruppen colors in the ribbon.

Comment

rick you are the MASTER
                    yes, it him!
                    the medal next to the last one is from chile!
                    a famous soldier/man with a nice livechart - famous father, got great medals himself and a nice job in albania ...
                    with the history, í think its one of the best bars with the südwest conection.
                    christian

Comment

Thilo von Trotha

Christian,

Thilo Wolfgang August Lothar von Trotha. Born 22 Feb 1874 at Straßburg, Evangelical.

14.11.1892: Fahnenjunker in Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 8
                      17.06.1893: Portepée Fähnrich
                      24.07.1894: Sekonde-Lieutenant (Patent 14.05.1894)
                      18.08.1903: Oberleutnant
                      19.12.1903: One year attachment to the Zeughaus administration in Berlin
                      16.05.1904: Attached to South West African Schutztruppe on his father's staff
                      21.05.1906: Assigned to G.Gr.Regt. 2
                      20.12.1910: Hauptmann (without Patent) and Company Commander 10 Company
                      27.01.1911: Patent as Hauptmann
                      21.04.1911: Retired with the uniform of G.Gr.Regt. 2
                      1914 Hofmarschall to Fürst Wilhelm of Albania and living in Durazzo

Regards
                      Glenn

Comment

Can we see the Albanian medal please?
                        This is a superb group.

Comment

Thilo von Trotha was recalled for WW1, final retirement as Major aD from Reserve Infantry Rgt 202.

Best regards

Daniel<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Comment

lot#799

As an aside... lot 799 of the Ludvigsen collection being sold at FJP is a sort of companion ribbon bar to this group-well, insofar as it has the Albanian accession medal anyway. Worth a look . Estimated low at only $50.

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh
                              As an aside... lot 799 of the Ludvigsen collection being sold at FJP is a sort of companion ribbon bar to this group-well, insofar as it has the Albanian accession medal anyway. Worth a look . Estimated low at only $50.
                              FJP?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X