Lübeck Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lübeck Grouping

This grouping recently joined my collection. I'm especially happy with the Urkunde for the Lübeck Hanseatic Cross.

Nice.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

I agree, it's a really nice group
      However it's unusual to see an Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer on the same bar with a Kyffhäusserbund Medal.

Comment

Indeed it is, but not impossible. Can we see the reverse of the bar? A lovely group, love the little vets association badge.

Comment

Luebeck citation indeed very nice.

Comment

Thank You for all of the kind words,it's very much appreciated. Here are some pics of the Reverse. I also really like the Veterans Pin.

Comment

As I understand it, grey metal bars were war time made pieces, please correct me if I am wrong. This type of bar is easy to play about with and the prongs on the reverse show some evidence of re bending. None of this indicates its a bad bar though. A little unusual but I like it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                As I understand it, grey metal bars were war time made pieces, please correct me if I am wrong. This type of bar is easy to play about with and the prongs on the reverse show some evidence of re bending. None of this indicates its a bad bar though. A little unusual but I like it a lot.
                Thanks I like this bar very much as as well. I wasn't aware that the Grey Metal Bar indicated a war time piece, thanks very much for that information
                I assumed it was 1934/1935 vintage.

Comment

The bar itself is war time, the metal anyway. The awards, or some of them at least were clearly added much later, no earlier than the time you mention, perhaps indicating the owner or bar maker reused an older bar.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,687 at 02:12 PM on Today.

Working...
                  X