Opinions on Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Cross

Fellow Collectors, I'm on the fence with this Lippe--Detmold Cross. Any opinions are welcome.

Merry Christmas

Carl C
    Attached Files

Side and Back View.
    Attached Files

Comment

I saw it too, massive big fat fake, but a new one I have not seen before.

Jesse

Comment

The seller, porre81 has already been identified as selling very high quality Imperial and Freikorps fakes similar to those previously seen coming from "the Club". But, they are even better and all die-struck, probably using laser scanners and cutters to create dies. Generally the obvious give-away details are the metals used, the finishes and the hardware. The more subtle give-aways for me are a gut-feeling that something's not right, based on experience of handling originals for many years. In almost all cases, I know immediately when I see this stuff that it's wrong. Every piece has a sort of plastic quality to it and in the case of his enamel pieces, the enamel is obviously cold acrylic, not glass enamel.

The problem, of course is that newer collectors don't have those resources and are likely to get burned because the quality is so good.

Comment

Perfectly put Brian, I saw his Freikorps items first, along with the weird Lubeck cross thing he is selling, all of them were clearly bad but of much better quality than I have seen before.

Merry Christmas, back to my Turkey!
          Last edited by Jesse; 12-25-2016, 10:09 AM. Reason: Auto correct on my damn phone, grrrr, fed up with it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X