Opinions on this cross.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this cross.

I have had this for quite a while, in terms of form is different from any cross I have held. The arms are straighter and not the classic pattee form. The cross is also slightly thicker than any other I own. It's multi piece and magnetic. Thick ribbon ring as well. Core is unknown to me.
    Attached Files

Anyone?

Comment

Looks promising, but I'm a bit uncertain to say anything about coretypes I don't recognize.

Comment

Thanks Dansson , me too, Looks good but I could never be sure. Hopefully Greg and Trevor will chime in.

Comment

Meybauer , made in the thirties (IMO)

WR Kirill

Comment

I've never seen one like this either. If I just go with first impressions,
            than I don't have much faith in it. It reminds me of the "club" fake.

Comment

I agree with Kyrill, looks like a Meybauer frame. Never saw. This core before. Very nice cross, wouldn't mind frameing it and hanging it in the collection!

Comment

Thank you all for commenting gentlemen. I had this with a few other items which I was suspicious of but could never be certain. This one seems to be very high quality but as it's so different it always puzzled me.

Greg, do you know of any club fakes posted here? I am curious to see if it matches. I will try and getter better images to see if it helps.

Comment

Frame really looks like Meybauer, but
                  1. Meybauer used his WW1 core type (s.c. Godet core) also during WW2, so I don´t think he switched to this core for a while in 30s.
                  2. Meybauer used a platform for jumpring on his EK2s 1914. This one looks to have jumpring soldered directly to the frame.

Photos are really bad, blurry so some inner frame comparison is out of question. But even if the frames match, I would rather lean to opinion that this is some small producer, supplied with Meybauer´s frames.

Anyway, I think the cross is good and the bad photos are the only reason why this piece looks like Club fake to Greg. I believe that under good camera and lighting, this cross will show its real beauty.

Comment

With the low sun and the limited functionality of my phone, this is the best I can do, I have to crop the images and it makes them a little fuzzy.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,687 at 02:12 PM on Today.

Working...
                    X