Mystery EK1 Mark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery EK1 Mark?

Here is one that arrived recently. I have never seen a maker's mark like this, but there is a photo of what looks to me like the same frame and core as p.363 in the Wernitz book. Any comments or identifications welcome. Thanks.

My camera needs some adjustment, it's a SLR 35mm digital that is very old and the focus is not what it used to be..........the same can be said about me.
    Attached Files

Nice post war CF Zimmermann, Pforzheim EKI. Very distinctive crown, blued core and hallmarked *

Comment

I agree, a nice Zimmerman cross.
      Attached Files

Comment

Okay and thanks, it's a Zimmerman.

What about that maker's mark which looks like Japanese Kanji. It doesn't look like a partial Z...???

Comment

Beautiful cross

The Zimmerman mark looks like a French Lilly

Here is a Zimmerman mark on an EKII. The cross has also with the same distinctive blued core!

EKII WWI Zimmerman Blue cored EKII (2).jpg

Comment

Good looking CFZ's shown here

Comment

Excellent help and discussion. I learn something new every day about Iron Crosses.

Thanks to Green for the research on the mark.

Back in the late '60's and 70's American kids would watch TV programs that included Kermit the Frog singing "It ain't easy being Green......"

Sorry, getting off track with a little "Selective Senility".

Comment

Originally posted by fsee View Post
                Excellent help and discussion. I learn something new every day about Iron Crosses.

Thanks to Green for the research on the mark.

Back in the late '60's and 70's American kids would watch TV programs that included Kermit the Frog singing "It ain't easy being Green......"

Sorry, getting off track with a little "Selective Senility".

I have read on Facebook that fsee means........Funniest **** ever

Comment

My understanding of the mark is that denotes the piece is not made from precious metal but is tombac.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk
                  Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                  Decorations of Germany

Comment

A bit off topic, but since you showed it....is that a bread bag that you have used as a background?

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Chip M View Post
                      A bit off topic, but since you showed it....is that a bread bag that you have used as a background?

Chip
                      Congratulations, you have just won my "Find the Breadbag Puzzle".

I needed some background color for my photo shot just to keep the subject's color untainted in the image. I have no idea what I just said... The color grey/green is supposed to keep everything in balance in a close-up, color-wise.

Comment

Silber

I saw a cross like the one we are discussing stamped Silber on the button. It is in the Wernitz & Simons book on p.363.

I get a hernia every time I lift one of those books, and the two volume set requires a jack. I love 'em, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
                          I have read on Facebook that fsee means........Funniest **** ever
                          Be careful around Facebook. I don't have time for it and my wife does all the posting. Also....there are a couple different -see's.

Comment

Here is the backside of mine.
                            The backing plate and nut are not marked however the cross
                            is marked "Silber" on the 6 o'clock arm.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rich G View Post
                              My understanding of the mark is that denotes the piece is not made from precious metal but is tombac.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk
                              Rich,
                              I appreciate your input. Do you remember where you found this information? The front of the frame looks to be silver, but the reverse backplate has a very odd color to it. It has not oxidized like you see on most EK's, but rather looks like case hardening or an oil slick with an odd toning. The cross core and frame look very high quality. You may be right on the mark. Has anyone else see the mark?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:24 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X