ID on silver cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID on silver cross

It's silver, about 36mm across the arms, with a blank reverse; and it's in a fitted case by Eduard Foehr, Stuttgart.

That much I know, but what is it?
    Attached Files

can you scan a close up of one of the arms? It appears to me to have been enamelled at one time.

Comment

Coastie,

There is texture to the arms, but no indication of any enamel even in the depths of the texture. The piece has discolored irregularly. That, combined with the crud on my scanner, makes it look worse than it is. It's a well-made piece, struck as one piece and clearly meant for the case it's in. It's on a short, black velvet ribbon which could have been added anywhere along the way.

Comment

Religious Cross.....

....... of some type. I scanned Nimmergutt's quick, but nothing popped out. Almost every state had some sort of award, usually shaped on a variation of this..... It's a "patronage" type of thing.... not a civil/military award...

Comment

A knowing whisper said Wurttemberg "Silbernes Ehrenzeichen fur Weibliche Dienstboten", 1883-1918, for 25 years' service at the same occupation or with the same family as a servant". (OEK 3019)

A mystery solved. Thanks all.

Comment

Kai has a couple for sale on his site:

Called:

Silbernes Ehrenzeichen für weibliche Dienstboten, 1883-1920, Kreuz 800er Silber gestempelt, Herst.:Foehr, an 800er Silber gestempelter Halskette (OEK 3019), im original VERLEIHUNGSETUI, sehr selten

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X