Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ww1 german tenth army

Hi,

Can someone give me a list of the units who were part of the German Tenth Army in Russia in 1915?

Regards,

Richard

Hi,

I found these two documents concerning the German 8th and 10th Armies. Regretably, they are in German. Is anybody able to translate them in English (only the info regarding the Order of Battles before May 1915)?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Comment

This information is pretty straightforward. Basically, all that is here is unit designations (abbreviations). If you don't know how to decipher them, I'm sure the book you got this from has a key at the beginning. If you post the key, it would be much less time consuming to translate that, so you can do the repetitious work of naming all these units. I would be happy to help with the key, but otherwise, it is an awful lot to ask of someone's time. Just my opinion....

Chip

Comment

Unfortunately, I do not have this book. It's two extracts that I found on the web.

Comment

It's actually pretty easy to read. But, Chip's right. It would be very time-consuming to translate it for you.
          Is there something specific you're looking for?

Comment

Richard,

I can see where you got the pages from. They are part of a book that is on-line, so you should be able to find the key to the abbreviations if there is one. Find the book again and look at the first part. That's where it usually is.

If you absolutely can't find it, I may have something from another book that would do.

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
              It's actually pretty easy to read. But, Chip's right. It would be very time-consuming to translate it for you.
              Is there something specific you're looking for?
              Yes. I'm looking to know if the following units were part of the 8th or 10th Army:

- Reserve Husaren-Regiment Nr.1;
              - Husaren-Regiment Nr.12;
              - Gren-Regiment Nr.6;
              - 1. Garde-Regiment zu Fuss;
              - Inf-Regiment Nr.44.

Sorry, my eyes are not very good. It's why I have some difficulties to read the docs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip M View Post
                Richard,

I can see where you got the pages from. They are part of a book that is on-line, so you should be able to find the key to the abbreviations if there is one. Find the book again and look at the first part. That's where it usually is.

If you absolutely can't find it, I may have something from another book that would do.

Chip
                Chip,

I found the key for the abbreviations at the beginning of the book.

Richard

Comment

Richard,

Since you got more specific on the units, I went ahead and looked for them in these lists. I did not see anything, except the Ersatz Batl. of I.R.44.

Chip

Comment

Sorry, that was just for the 10.Armee. I also see I.R.44 under the 8.Armee.

Chip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X