pocket watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pocket watch

Hi, My uncle brought this back from WW2. It was in my possesion since the 70's. I was wondering if there was any way to find out about this name. I know it would be simplier if I had the name of the company this man was in but I am assuming he was in WW1 & WW2. The watch also could have been passed along to someone else. His name is Joh Klessinger. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Del
    Attached Files

Can you retake the photo of the writing either with no flash or in more subdued lighting?

Comment

pocket watch

Here is a new pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Ancre 15 Rubis is the Geneva, Switzerland watch manufacturer. The watch itself isn't worth much.

It looks like it was hand engraved (rather amateurly) by the owner, or someone else at the time. It's basically trench art, but appears to have been done a long time ago.

Comment

Johann (es) Klessinger

Seems that he survived the war.

May be his eldest son was MIA in 1943 at the eastern front.
          (volksbund.de)

Comment

pocket watch

Sorry if I posted this in the Imperial Medal forum but I thought you Imperial guys would like to see something like this. Obviously, with 137 views & just a few posts I may have posted it in the wrong place. It doesn't matter to me if the watch is not worth much or if it is not professionally engraved. What matters to me is the German soldier himself did this and to me that is History. My uncle also brought back a miniature iron cross with an oak leaf with 25 on it and a small bar with an iron cross.
            Thanks for looking anyway,

Del

Comment

Originally posted by Del Panfini View Post
              Sorry if I posted this in the Imperial Medal forum but I thought you Imperial guys would like to see something like this. Obviously, with 137 views & just a few posts I may have posted it in the wrong place. It doesn't matter to me if the watch is not worth much or if it is not professionally engraved. What matters to me is the German soldier himself did this and to me that is History. My uncle also brought back a miniature iron cross with an oak leaf with 25 on it and a small bar with an iron cross.
              Thanks for looking anyway,

Del
              You didn't post it in the wrong section, IMO. 137 views is a respectable amount for something like this. While it's interesting as a piece of history, it's as I said, trench art, a piece of military emphemera and a souvenir. It's not an award, which is afterall the primary interest here.

Post the miniature iron cross with 25 year oak-leaf and the small bar with an Iron Cross. That will get a lot more interest and comments.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X