German Silver Stamped CE Juncker Pilot Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Silver Stamped CE Juncker Pilot Badge

I have seen one of these stamped German nickel silver issue type pilot badges identical to the CE Juncker version. It is very high quality with sharp detail exactly matching a magnetic version of the stamped CE Juncker issue style badge. It is not magnetic and has a light yellowish patina. The hinge,pin and catch on the reverse are identical to the magnetic version.

What's the story behind these?

Mike

Last edited by M Wipf; 06-04-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Like I said at the conclusion of my post on the other pilot badge thread, I don't know, but I will say that I like them and think that they are real of the period. I am not sure that they are pre-1919 but think that they may well be.

I personally think that many of these stamped versions without backing plates and of plated tombac and maybe these of German Silver were the examples made in the 20s and 30s. I say this for several reasons that I don't need to go into now, but one reason is that many/most of other types of badges known for sure to have been made during that period were made of these materials and made the same way as these types.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X