Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantasy or What??

Hello everybody,
    this piece was given to me today rev has Crown.W mark and date 1914.Can any body tell me if this is real if so what is it and how was it awarded.
    Thankyou Jack
    Last edited by Jack; 06-14-2009, 08:29 PM.

I have never seen one before. I don't think it was an "award" piece but it is interesting. I hope that someone else knows something about this.
    I like it.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by gregM
      I have never seen one before. I don't think it was an "award" piece but it is interesting. I hope that someone else knows something about this.
      I like it.

Greg
      Can't say I know that this one is real .. but apparently this non-Combatant type is:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=74519

Comment

Looks like an original EKII with a Red Cross emblem in the middle.
        What does the backside look like?
        Nifty whatever it is!
        Also looks to be for women perhaps serving on the front lines as medics?

Comment

It's certainly not any kind of official award. I would tend to say it's a fantasy piece. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the "Ehrenkreuz for Frauen und Jungfrauen" of 1870-1871 shown in the other thread, except that perhaps someone was thinking about that award when they created this thing.

Tim
          "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

Hi Jack,

I sort of agree with Tim's comments, however the quality appears to be really good. On the side with the red cross, are there any other features on the core - or is it totally blank? Any indications of the frames having been separated? Any indications of grindmarks on the red cross side of the core?

At least it's interesting!

Might be worth generating some close-up obverse and reverse scans/images.

Regards
            Mike K
            Regards
            Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi everybody,
              thankyou for your replys.The cross looks good no sign of grinding but the red cross is the same type as the collars on a tunic(RedCross) But I agree its done very well if its a fake.Any more comments?
              Cheers Jack

Comment

Any more pics Jack? ......... the obverse would help...and some close-ups...

also....is the red cross flush with the Iron Core or raised .... if it's a seperate raised piece, how is it affixed to the core.....and is it enamel?

It looks like a combination of a good 1914 ek2 and this below...... (but I don't read German, so I don't entirely know what 'this' is?)

I do know it's only 27mm, so I don't think it could be the same red cross insert 'lifted' ... but maybe it sparked the concept for yours as a (nice) fantasy piece?

VATERLĂ„NDISCHER FRAUENVEREIN VOM ROTEN KREUZ.
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X