Machine Gun Sharpshooter Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine Gun Sharpshooter Badge

Will someone please tell me what a genuine MGSs badge is worth...ballpark figure?

Also, do you think the badge in the attached pictures is genuine? If so, what might it be worth?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

One more Picture

Here's one more photo.
    Attached Files

Comment

That one is not good. See this thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=78371

Good ones go for $250-500 depending upon maker and condition.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Thank you, that is tremendously helpful. I'll look through the thread you suggested. Thanks again!

Comment

I realize this question may get a snicker, but does anyone have an authentic MGSs badge they are willing to sell? I am not looking to collect these badges, I simply would like a nice one to go with the 1913 DWM Luger I have with a unit marking of M.G.Ss.A.34. I've been told this is the 34th Machine Gun Sharpshooter Detachment and supposedly was attached to the 113th Infantry Division although I do not see them on the task organization listing of Histories of Two Hundred and Fifty-One Divisions of the German Army that Participated in the War (1914-1918). Any history on the 34th would be greatly appreciated as well, or a point in the right direction to find out such info.

Comment

I think it's interesting that a prewar manufactured Luger has the mark of a wartime created unit. This unit was not formed until the Fall of 1916. I don't know how common something like this would be. I know many Lugers made it through the war without being unit marked and evidently, this one made it as far as 1916 or 1917 before it was issued to a unit that marked it.

Chip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X