Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1870 1ST class GODET marked cased and two 1st class WW1 Cased EK1's, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say with absolute 100% certainty is that the 1870 EK1 is no period piece.

At a guess, I would say it is made up from some authentic parts from different periods (original EK2 core, WWII-era frame and pin system) and dolled up with a fake mark. All this was probably done long after WWII.

I would like to hear if others agree with me because this isn't a well-known or common fake, so I'm extrapolating a little here.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by Discostu View Post
      Hi again,

Thank you for the information- is the 1870 a reproduction made during WW1-WW2 or a modern copy? I am unsure if the box is an original or not, any help would be appreciated in pointing out why it would be a repro- I am still very happy with the group I bought
      the inlet ,,is not very precise fitting in the way it should be ..to rough.

collar green and the decorations on the top indicate that the case was probably meant fore something else.
      a coin like thing maybe ,,I was looking into the direction of shooting awards to .

period yes,, old early 1900 case if you ask me .

but not fore a iron cross.

regards kay

Comment

the 1870s cross is a copy.
        i like the godet case.

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
          All I can say with absolute 100% certainty is that the 1870 EK1 is no period piece.

At a guess, I would say it is made up from some authentic parts from different periods (original EK2 core, WWII-era frame and pin system) and dolled up with a fake mark. All this was probably done long after WWII.

I would like to hear if others agree with me because this isn't a well-known or common fake, so I'm extrapolating a little here.
          I'm with you Trevor - the 1870 is no common variety fake, but does have what look to be parts that could have come from different eras. Given that it does not conform - in any area - to the three or 4 types of known original 1870 or Jubilee era pieces, it therefore has to be a 'Frankenstein'.

And the mark is just fantasy... - Trev, these capital GODET type marks will haunt us my friend.

I also agree with Monty - the case is no typical 1914 Godet product, which are rare enough anyway, and while the white Godet marked insert may be ok, it is crooked, ill fitting, and IMO clearly does not belong in a case decorated on top the way this one is. Nothing about that case is typical of Godet but once again, some of the individual components look ok.

IMO, Neither of these 1870 items are genuine.
          Last edited by Biro; 02-21-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I also agree that the the 1870 cross and box are not right.
            Tony
            An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X