EK2 mm V w/ sand cast core - opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 mm V w/ sand cast core - opinions please

I'd welcome your opinions on this cross, guys. As far as I can tell, the mark on the ring looks like a crudely stamped V - but I could be wrong. So thanks for your feedback.

Best, Alex

Alex, a nice cast core cross
    Comparing against my "V" marked crosses it does have similar frame characteristics ,but my examples have a bit too much wear to be 100%. The "V" stamp is thicker than mine which maybe just a case of "heavy handed stamping"
    Another option is a half stamped "A" as these are stamped with the letter base on the outer edge of the ribbon ring (unlike the usual letter base on the inside edge)

Best,
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by SCOTT G View Post
      Alex, a nice cast core cross
      Comparing against my "V" marked crosses it does have similar frame characteristics ,but my examples have a bit too much wear to be 100%. The "V" stamp is thicker than mine which maybe just a case of "heavy handed stamping"
      Another option is a half stamped "A" as these are stamped with the letter base on the outer edge of the ribbon ring (unlike the usual letter base on the inside edge)

Best,
      Scott
      Thanks for your observations, Scott. Is the single example in the database similar to your V marked crosses?

Best,

Alex

Comment

Alex,
        Neither of my "V" marked crosses match to the data base one, also the mm is struck across the ring not along it as the one shown in the data base .
        Here are a obverse/reverse shots of my loose EK2 (the other is on a parade mount). Early catalogue photos so not the best shots but hope they help
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X