Nicest Imperial Item in Your Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicest Imperial Item in Your Collection

This is your own personal beauty contest. What do you think is the prettiest item in your collection. Don't we all have something we look at and just go, "that's just spectacular"? I know that sounds a little gurly but I'm guessing none of the items posted will be.

So here's my one and only, Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Order of the Wendish Crown. The gold has a great patina, enamel is beautiful.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian S; 01-03-2014, 09:31 PM.

Ooh, great idea for a thread I'm already psyched. Have to think a bit about mine...
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Good idea, Brian.
      My collection is all iron crosses and while some are nicer than others,
      and while not strictly an iron cross, this is my Beauty queen.

not the best picture
      Attached Files
      Last edited by gregM; 01-03-2014, 11:13 PM.

Comment

After much consideration I've decided this piece wins my collection's beauty contest. Wagner marked W, gold.

I must say it was a tough decision; Prussian orders are so lovely.
        Attached Files
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Comment

Onyx. Enamel. Nice choices.

Comment

Pity we can't see all of the Order of the Wendish Crown... A pair of scissors might help with that

(i jest of course, a beautiful order and bar)

My own would be the Oldenburg Rote Kreuz Medaille of 1907. Unfortunately I cannot show mine, so here's a link to one.

http://www.ehrenzeichen-orden.de/deu...ille-1907.html

Comment

Hey Trevor I have this medal on my miniature Godet chain with the Turkish War Medal.I guess my nicest Imperial item is this miniature chain!

Tan

Originally posted by streptile View Post
              After much consideration I've decided this piece wins my collection's beauty contest. Wagner marked W, gold.

I must say it was a tough decision; Prussian orders are so lovely.
              Attached Files

Comment

Brian, post a pic of the entire bar front and back. Do you know who it belonged to?
                Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

What's in your collection that just shouts awesome? Knife? Uniform? Helmet? Sword? Medalbar? Everyone has their favorite... Paul this was my grandfather's prewar medalbar, Lt. Gen. Gunther v. Etzel.
                  Attached Files

Comment

You are right Brian,
                    That medal bar does shout awesome.

Comment

Brian, that bar is simply wonderful. Thank you for showing it.

Jess

Comment

I am in line here ,,

al do I am not al in to bars ,,,, this is one outstanding bar ,,amazing

ps ,,you photographed the close-ups in a way it dos the bar and medals 100% justice .

congratulations

regards kay

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
                          What's in your collection that just shouts awesome? Knife? Uniform? Helmet? Sword? Medalbar? Everyone has their favorite... Paul this was my grandfather's prewar medalbar, Lt. Gen. Gunther v. Etzel.
                          Absolut medalbar. I think you killed this thread, Brian. I was trying to choose something from my collection, but after your last post I gave it up.
                          Absolutely stunning - german awards, austrian award, russian, Italian... even japanese campaign medal for Russo-Japanese war!... I think I rather start to collect chewing gums, or what...

Congrats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by director View Post
                            Hey Trevor I have this medal on my miniature Godet chain with the Turkish War Medal.
                            Hi Tan,

Very nice chain The cross you have on it is modeled after the Hohenzollern House Order but is a different piece, an unofficial veteran's cross:

Here's a brief discussion of them.
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Comment

Hi Brian,

incredible medal bar + it belonged to your grand father makes it very special item

i was having a hard time to chose my favorite award but since you said anything can be chosen,it became much easier for me.

Massive Grosser Pattern Lionhead Saber with Dramatic Curved Blade - M. Neumann Berlin Hoflieferant.

These massive swords are the most sought after of all Imperial edged weapons.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X