Drum hanger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drum hanger?

Just picked up this drum hanger from a flee market for 9 dollars. No idea if it's real or fake (never held one before) got a feeling that it's fake. What do you guys think? Who made it? Was 9 dollars an okay price?
    Last edited by Kikiko3; 07-17-2013, 03:33 PM.

It looks fine to me, though possibly cleaned. Would you show the strap and the reverse of the hook?

Chip

Comment

Here you go . And thanks for the info

Comment

I think there is a good chance that this is a reproduction. The strap is a modern replacement and the darn thing is so shiny that is was either polished like hell or was made last week.

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Chip M View Post
          I think there is a good chance that this is a reproduction. The strap is a modern replacement and the darn thing is so shiny that is was either polished like hell or was made last week.

Chip

Oh okay. I bought it from a guy who was around 80-90. He had no idea what it was, and since i live in a former part of the german empire (not eastren) i thought that i was lucky finding one.

Comment

Kikiko,

I said what I did based on your photos. Perhaps they don't represent it as it really is, but to me, it looks like new. The former owner may have kept it polished this way. So, as I said, it could be a good one, just refurbished. They were all cast, so it is difficult to tell from photos.

Chip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X