No good deed goes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No good deed goes....

I need some help here my fellow collectors.I let the local high scool history class borrow one of my late ww1 German Prussian officers tunics complete with helmet,equipment and medals.It is this time of year that they study the 2 world wars.To make a long story short I try to help out the schools when I can with military history.This time when they returned the uniform the ww1 Iron cross first class was stolen off the tunic.It was just a KO but a nice one.I am not going to jump on the school or the teacher but I do want to buy another one to replace the one stolen from me.So if anybody has or knows where I can get one at a good price I really would appreciate it.........thanks.I check the e stand all the time but I have not seen one that I like.

Dennis J

Dennis,

sorry to hear that. I guess I would go to the school and they can pay for another one and I would ask them to put that that the original needs to be returned with in 48 hours or an investigation will proceed as it was stolen. I would also be done lending them any items as they obviously have no accountability of things they are watching. Matt

Comment

I did the same thing for a theater teacher at school. However they only took some hindy crosses that I had mounted on the tunic. The school paid for them to be replaced. They have insurance for such things!

Comment

To be honest I don't mind buying another one.This way the school will think twice before asking me again to borrow any of my militaria.

Dennis J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X