Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Souval copies of Imperial awards ?

Hi,
    is it known if the Souval company made post war copies of WWI medals and awards ?
    I know they made copies of basically everything from the third reich era but I have no idea about awards of the imperial era.
    On a dealer site I saw an older copy of an hanseatic cross that looked to be of Souval production.
    Thanks for any info,
    Alex

Originally posted by Alex W. View Post
    Hi,
    is it known if the Souval company made post war copies of WWI medals and awards ?
    I know they made copies of basically everything from the third reich era but I have no idea about awards of the imperial era.
    On a dealer site I saw an older copy of an hanseatic cross that looked to be of Souval production.
    Thanks for any info,
    Alex
    The Hanseatic cross may well have been made by the Friedrich Sedlatzek firm.

I have their catalogue from the early 1960s with the title "ORDEN BEIDER WELTKRIEGE" which has both Imperial German and Austrian orders and decoration for sale, as well as many world orders and decorations.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post

I have their catalogue from the early 1960s with the title "ORDEN BEIDER WELTKRIEGE" which has both Imperial German and Austrian orders and decoration for sale, as well as many world orders and decorations.
      please post pictures ,,,,,, it would be nice evidence .

thank you

regards kay

Comment

I would like to see that catalog

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post

Thanks, I never thought about Sedlatzek. I do have that catalogue as well but I'm not sure if Sedlatzek actually made the decorations themselves or if they got them through someone else. (Maybe Souval)
          I remember at some point there was a cooperation between Souval and Sedlatzek.

Comment

I have always believed that Sedlatzek was merely a retailer
            and not a manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
              I have always believed that Sedlatzek was merely a retailer
              and not a manufacturer.
              Exactly that's what I thought too.

Comment

Hi,

the Sedlatzek order booklet (Ordensheft) "Orden beider Weltkriege" was not a sales catalogue.

6 of the pages (5,6,7,8,21,22) were shown earlier in 1952, connected with two articles about orders and decorations from Dr. Klietmann.
                The pictures in the book from 1952 are in much better quality, like the quality of the pictures in the older order booklet "Orden beider Weltkriege" from before 1957.

The pictures of the decorations are typical for Dr. Klietmann, see the black background.

I don't know, who made the decorations on the pictures from Dr. Klietmann, maybe partly (or all?) as own production, offered in the sales catalogues from "Die Ordenssammlung" in Berlin-Wilmersdorf.

Uwe

Comment

Hello Uwe,

In which publication did the articles by Dr. Klietmann appear?

Thanks,
                  Chip

Comment

Hi Chip,

Der deutsche Soldatenkalender 1953, Schild-Verlag

http://www.amazon.de/Der-Deutsche-So.../dp/B008BOJ2QU

Page 45-49
                    Zur Farbtafel:
                    Orden und Ehrenzeichen
                    Die deutschen Auszeichnungen im Kriege 1939-1945
                    Von Dr. Klietmann, Berlin

Page 71-74
                    Zu den Farbtafeln:
                    Auszeichnungen der Verbündeten im 1. Weltkrieg
                    Von Dr. Klietmann, Berlin

On Page 72 an advertisment from Sedlatzeck (wrong name!)
                    On Page 121 an advertisment from "Die Ordenssammlung"
                    On different pages two advertisments about orders and decorations from Beinhorn and Fahnen-Fleck.

Uwe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X