No announcement yet.

Cheating on Prussia again (with Reuss)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the photos Kondor. Looks like a fine example, and yet a third type of case, also with the Bury & Leonhard jeweler mark.

Here, from a detail of one of my rejected photos, is a shot showing how the wreath branch is fixed into a little hole in the side of the cross arm. It makes a very neat effect -- like the wreath is wrapped around the cross.

Attached Files
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
      Here's another interesting difference: the cases. Obviously different spacing, materials, etc. Also, one has a hyphen and another doesn't.

Don, does your case have the same Hanau stamp inside the lid?

Yes it does.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Arrived!

Here you go Trevor,

My addition to the Reuss Collection. It has a period repair on the upper right (as you look at the cross, laurel leaf sprig, but the rest of it, enhances the collection. Also note the different shape of the "4" . I've seen this on another cross and am trying to run it to ground. This makes three different kinds of "4"s, so at least three different makers. I can see where one of the upper laurels would get caught on a coat. Jeweler used the original attachments for his repair. Sorry for the pictures, I'm not one of the better picture takers! One less for the bucket list!
        Attached Files

Comment

Shot on the repair and "4".
          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!

I recognize that one. Straube? Great piece, congratulations on a great piece
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thanks Trevor,

I like worn pieces and ones that I can have on display in my "Bunker" (wife calls it that!!) Straube is very easy to deal with, great packing, and great communication. Now on to the White Falcon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X