Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheating on Prussia again (with Reuss)

Hi guys,

For budgetary reasons, I have limited my collection to a very few specialized areas. Basically, it's Prussian combat awards, and The Iron Cross, that's it. Sometimes -- very seldom, but sometimes -- I find something from another state or country that is so beautifully designed or manufactured that I buckle.

Anyway, I've always loved the design of the Reuss Kriegsverdienstkreuz, and I've always wanted one. At the SOS I saw an extremely nice Meybauer example, and I sort of regretted not buying it, but I was saving for bigger fish, so I got over it. Also, Meybauers weren't award-types, and I wanted an awarded example, with a case if possible. So anyway, one came up recently, and I snapped it up.

Award-type, zero damage, cased Reuss (Older and Younger Lines combined) 1914 Kriegsverdienstkreuz:

Attached Files
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Attached Files
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Comment

Attached Files
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Comment

Very nice award Trevor.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

I have to agree and am currently waiting for mine to arrive I too saw the Maybauer made one and while very nice, as you pointed out, not an awarded piece. Plus the price tag was a bit high Personally, I find this to be better designed & better crafted than an EKI. I know, it doesn't have the history that the EK does, but still more eye catching than the other Steck Kreuzen from the other States during WW1. Also harder to find!! I thought about a cased one as well, but then I have a Riker Mount with the other awards from Reuss and knew that mine will be displayed with the others, hence, I could not justify the added expense of a cased KVK. Thanks for sharing yours. I always love looking at these

Comment

Nice

Comment

If you have to cheat on your eks, this is one of the best things to cheat with!!!

Comment

Uff....you are the happy one who got it. Very nice piece and in best
                condition. luckyly for you I had not enough money.

regards kai

Comment

Cheating?! You dirty old men Trev

Totally awesome award and totally awesome piece.. Wish I had the money.. Beside the Zähringer Lion, the EK and the Prussian Awards it's the only order I'd love to own.. The one from emedals I guess? Nice.. but expensive

Comment

Beautiful award, Trevor! Congratulations!

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Very, very nice! My favourite Imperial pinback.

Regards
                      Mike
                      Regards
                      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Cheater!!!! Very nice Trev.

Comment

Hey guys,

Thank you for all your nice comments. I believe this piece was actually worn, too. On the reverse of the pin you can see patina/marks where the tunic loops used to sit: three loops for this bad boy. I can try to photograph this at some point.

I love how handmade, yet how perfect this piece feels and looks.

Originally posted by Kondor View Post
                          I have to agree and am currently waiting for mine to arrive...
                          Great news. I knew you were after one too -- looking forward to seeing it.

Originally posted by gen_key View Post
                          Uff....you are the happy one who got it.
                          Originally posted by Kraal View Post
                          The one from emedals I guess? Nice.. but expensive
                          Thanks Kai and Andy. As Kai guessed, this one was not from eMedals, but rather from Bene Merenti Auktion 5. As a side note, I will just say that Bene Merenti is a total, 100% class act. Great communications, super friendly people, great items. Nothing but praise from me.

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
                          Very, very nice! My favourite Imperial pinback
                          Thanks Mike, I can see why.

If anyone else cares to post theirs in the thread, please do.

Attached Files
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Comment

Congratulations Trev

Comment

A magnificent award, Trevor. Really easy on the eyes.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X