Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wwI sturmtrupp bages. real or fake?

hi all
    Although not my main interest, i came across these and was after the superior knowledge of this community.
    Basically, in my vaguest of searches have seen pin backed but not screw backs.
    are these genuine period pieces? they have makers marks.
    I really am out of my depth with these things, as I have only just started collecting german WW2 badges. these austrian badges ,i was lead to believe ,had one main maker.

firstly

and this

any help would be greatly appreciated

sorry

Firstly- welcome to the forum!
    Afraid what you have here are cast reproductions with spurious markings. Those (original) badges are VERY rare and 99% of what's available on the market today are more or less convincing reproductions. Use the search button to scroll on existing threads on those.
    cheers,
    Matt

Comment

The RZM markings were a clincher for me that these were fake badges

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
        The RZM markings were a clincher for me that these were fake badges
        Exactly. These are (well, the original after which these copies were made) ww1 badges, NOTHING with NSDAP or even SS, and hence nothing with RZM. Not to mention that numbers in these RZM markings are completely wrong too.

Comment

There are loads on ebay that tells its own story , because these badges have no swastika the repo sellers sell loads of them on ebay . Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

thanks

I later noticed the ss mark ,and the threading on the badge backing is new looking and clean.
            I wrongly assumed austrian badges would not be popular like third teich militaria and therefore there would be no 'fugazis'
            The fact these items are being sold as genuiune makes research and knowledge a must. Kudos, guys. Many thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X