Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWI EK1 Jeweller or Well-Made Fake?

Hello All,

Picked this one up recently in a set. I have not seen an EK1 constructed quite like this; with such a delicate pin, exquisite hardware and a finely finished 3-piece construction. The reverse has a polished finish. I am looking for any thoughts or comments - Jeweller made or a well done fake?

Measurements are: 42.9mm (H) x 43.0mm (W) and 13.2g

Thanks,

Eric
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Ciao Eric,
          is a good EKI 1914, well conscructed, and for me is made from unknown factory. The pin look like similar to early Meybauer, remember also a H.B.G. pin, and the frame similar to Juncker..... is ever my humble opinion.

For sure this EKI is a little "jewel", for condition and consctruction, not because made of them.

Comment

I like it

Comment

I'm getting scared... I think it is a better version of this one as it is this frame right? I hope had to much whiskey for my 40th birthday

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
                I like it
                I take back what I said.
                I did a bit of photoshop comparisons, Laying the one cross over the other
                and those frames are a bead to bead match absolutely identical .

Comment

The cores are different though. It looks good to me, just polished up.

Comment

Originally posted by morel5000 View Post
                    I'm getting scared... I think it is a better version of this one as it is this frame right? I hope had to much whiskey for my 40th birthday

Ciao,
                    could you post here the back side also ?

Thanks

Comment

Well known modern fake. Came in with the rounder fake knights crosses.

Stay away and kill it with fire if you can

Comment

Originally posted by Gew44 View Post
                        Ciao Eric,
                        is a good EKI 1914, well conscructed, and for me is made from unknown factory. The pin look like similar to early Meybauer, remember also a H.B.G. pin, and the frame similar to Juncker..... is ever my humble opinion.

For sure this EKI is a little "jewel", for condition and consctruction, not because made of them.
                        Originally posted by Kraal View Post
                        Well known modern fake. Came in with the rounder fake knights crosses.

Stay away and kill it with fire if you can
                        Oh my God, I'm literally confused.

This cross gave me so many problem ...... I never ended to learn more.

Thanks a lot Gentlemen's for this very instructive lesson .

Comment

Read what greg said, he takes the "I like it" back.

Ask kay, sascha or trevor (aka montgomery_burns, saschaw or streptile), they'll tell you the same.

Modern fakes appear, even frankensteins are out there (original with fake parts combined).

Again, do not buy this cross.

Comment

That is a REALLY scarey fake. I like the hardware. As Max mentioned,
                            the pin looks very much like a Meybauer and the hinge uses a plate
                            like what is seen on "WS" marked crosses. Very convincing.

Comment

Fake was recently discussed. See here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=636720

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X