Another 1870 EK 1st and 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Marshall,

That was an excellent thread...... and the 1st class does have some similarities to Willie's IC....... but I'm getting soooooo confused over these 1870's any more

What do you think of the 25 year device ???

Cheers
    Mark

Comment

By the way...I know the 'W' on the stick-pin example is different...it was the vaulting I was trying to display...

Marshall

Comment

I agree the EK2 is perfectly fine.

As for the EK1 it is not the same as the Kaiser Wilhelm's, but it illustrates a point - there were many privately purchased pieces and often they were not marked in any way. I think the EK1 is probably a late-19th century private purchased piece, possibly as late as WW1 era. It's extremely shiny, but it could have been polished recently. Without having it in hand, it's impossible to say for sure, but I don't see anything in the photos that screams "Latvian Fake" or anything like that. Definitely not an awarded 1870 type piece, but so far it looks OK to me.

Tim
        "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

That 1870 EK1 looks like a standard replacement piece. Nothing wrong with it, but not period made, and not worth 2000 Euros.
          IMHO
          Marc

Comment

Well Boys

I took a dive.. and bought the 2nd class.... it seems that it passed the muster in regards to originality....

As I slowly chip away at putting this medal bar together........

I appreciate all of the help and comments...

Cheers
            Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X