Woodwork Find WW1 Austrian Medals Camo Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodwork Find WW1 Austrian Medals Camo Helmet

Found these few items awhile back and now just getting around to looking at them more, mostly tinnies and a pretty neat one for the "Isonzo-Armee" but the one medal I have no clue what its for, seems to be silver but not sure. The lid is a fair shape but it's a real camo so no complaints. Any thoughts on the silver medal with two eagles fighting?

Fritz
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

4, heres the camo helmet
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Love the camo helmet

Comment

Thanks, its a tad rough but a real one.

Fritz

Comment

The medal with the eagles is an Italian one commemorating some battles of the VI Army Corps.

Chip

Comment

Hello Fritzii,
                  you have found a little treasure.

Step by step:
                  - The 2 pics of "Isonzo Armee" and Hungarian pin are called "Kappenabzeichen" ( Tinne for Austrian Cap) purchased to support the war effort and put on cap. I've seen Austrian cap wit 5/6 of those tinnies.

- The medal is a memory of VI Italian Army Corps, I don't know if is silver made ( watch the medal if you see "800" on some parts), awarded ony to the troops who participated to the Italians battles mountain : Podgora, Sabotino, San Gabriele, Monte Grappa since 1915 until 1918 made from Italian medals and coins factory " S. Pagani - Milano". On the eagles side on border you read the name of designer.... sorry but I dont read the name.

- The others items I think you know what are, nice is the Cap button of "K" for Kaiser, is late WWI period; the earliest are marked FJI for Franz Joseph I.

- About the elmet it's appear on good patina ad well preserved, inside have 3 round "bearings" brown or white ? ( the question is personal curiosity)

Thanks for your time, and sorry for long, long post.

Regards

A massive thanks to all

Gew44

Comment

Originally posted by Gew44 View Post

- The others items I think you know what are, nice is the Cap button of "K" for Kaiser, is late WWI period; the earliest are marked FJI for Franz Joseph I.

Gew44
                    The "K" doesn't mean "Kaiser", it means "Karl" (for Kaiser Karl I. von Österreich).

Kind regards,

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterm View Post
                      The "K" doesn't mean "Kaiser", it means "Karl" (for Kaiser Karl I. von Österreich).

Kind regards,

Peter
                      Opps.... sorry,
                      you have right Peter, I apologize for mistake....

Thanks
                      Regards

Gew44

Comment

Originally posted by Gew44 View Post
                        Hello Fritzii,
                        you have found a little treasure.

Step by step:
                        - The 2 pics of "Isonzo Armee" and Hungarian pin are called "Kappenabzeichen" ( Tinne for Austrian Cap) purchased to support the war effort and put on cap. I've seen Austrian cap wit 5/6 of those tinnies.

- The medal is a memory of VI Italian Army Corps, I don't know if is silver made ( watch the medal if you see "800" on some parts), awarded ony to the troops who participated to the Italians battles mountain : Podgora, Sabotino, San Gabriele, Monte Grappa since 1915 until 1918 made from Italian medals and coins factory " S. Pagani - Milano". On the eagles side on border you read the name of designer.... sorry but I dont read the name.

- About the elmet it's appear on good patina ad well preserved, inside have 3 round "bearings" brown or white ? ( the question is personal curiosity)

Thanks for your time, and sorry for long, long post.

Regards

A massive thanks to all

Gew44
                        Thanks Gew44, unfortunately the lid doesn't have the pads but the ring is still present.

Fritz

Comment

!

fantastic camo helmet!

www.gardamilitaria.com

Comment

No problem Fritz,
                            looks like the helmet and surely on patina.

Congrats very nice shot.

Regards

Gew44

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X