Does anyone know what this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know what this?

A long shot I guess but does anyone have any idea what this is? I have an identical one marked 950 with an F and a V inside a traingle.

I have been trying to find out what it is for years now, this is the third one I have seen.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/370651238084?...84.m1438.l2649

J

An interesting piece. Here are the photos for posterity.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Pierce.

Jesse

Comment

medal

I believe its a enlisted type of the Luxembourg Order of the Oak Crown.

Comment

Originally posted by NBolinger View Post
          I believe its a enlisted type of the Luxembourg Order of the Oak Crown.

I think you are right. The cipher is a good match.....aaaaand a Google search confirms it.

Comment

Mr Bolinger, Pierce, thank you both. I have tried to find out what this was for 5 years! No one ever seemed to know.

Now for more research on it.

Many thanks,

Jesse

Comment

I assume the back side is blank so it can be engraved ?

Comment

Don't you have the famous book on German decorations by Hessenthal and Schreiber? Luxemburg's decorations are included there, as well as Austria's.

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
                I assume the back side is blank so it can be engraved ?
                It can, but by know, I've just seen (and had) one that was engraved.

The ones I currently offere are neither engraved: http://woeschler-orden.de/suche?keys=luxemburg&vid[]=1
                sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Here are the pics of the engraved version Sasha was referring to.
                  Regards,
                  Sandro
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by saschaw View Post
                    Don't you have the famous book on German decorations by Hessenthal and Schreiber? Luxemburg's decorations are included there, as well as Austria's.

It can, but by know, I've just seen (and had) one that was engraved.

The ones I currently offere are neither engraved: http://woeschler-orden.de/suche?keys=luxemburg&vid[]=1
                    I do not have this book Sascha. Maybe I need to get it. Since all of these awards look very similar, I assume there is no way to identify time period of being actually awarded?

Jesse

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X