Sturmtruppen Badge Kuk? Italian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturmtruppen Badge Kuk? Italian?

This is not my area. So, I'd like identification and some opinions on this badge.

Sorry for the quality of the pics. I didn't take them.

thanks
    Attached Files

Do you have any information or pedigree on where this insignia came from?

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
      Do you have any information or pedigree on where this insignia came from?
      No. It was being offered for sale as a "Prussian Skull badge", which of course it isn't.
      I think it's Austrian. But, I just want to know if it's genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
        No. It was being offered for sale as a "Prussian Skull badge", which of course it isn't.
        I think it's Austrian. But, I just want to know if it's genuine.
        I see. I do know what it is or if it is "real", but this is what I can tell you:

I have an identical one that I obtained 25 years ago from a good source.....who obtianed it in the 1960s. I paid little for it as neither of us knew what it was and I doubt that more than a dozen people in the US or perhaps the entire world collected Wiemar material back then and even fewer knew anything about WWI SturmTrupp material!

I have searched this forum with no sucess in IDing this badge...at least within the last year or two.

My badge is either very thin steel or tombak (I have not seen it in a few year so don't recall which) with a silver plate or even old fine silver paint over it front and back....it is old, but I can not for sure say if it is 1950 or 1920 if you know what I mean.

I think it is Austrian WWI for several reasons....but I am not at all sure.

I do think that they pretty rare and maybe extremly rare as I have not seen any others since 25 years ago until you posted this one.

Comment

Hello phild,
          I think not is an Italian skull, the only skull known on italian militaria is for "Moschettieri del Duce" (Duce's Musketeers) Mussolini personal guard but we are during '35 and "Brigate nere" (Black Brigade)during the Repubblica Sociale Italiana (Italian Social Republic) years 1944/45.

I can post your badge in Italian forum where they write many friends of mine, very experts about WWI, if is Austrian, Russian or of other country..... they know.

Tell me if that "sound good" for you.

Regards

Gew44
          Last edited by Gew44; 09-22-2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

you will see another the same in this thread. IMO it is a Sturmtrupp badge and closely resembles a couple that are ascribed to particular units

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=sturmtrupp

Comment

see also

http://www.austro-hungarian-army.co....rmtruppen.html

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick W View Post
                you will see another the same in this thread. IMO it is a Sturmtrupp badge and closely resembles a couple that are ascribed to particular units

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=sturmtrupp
                Good job Patrick.

A massive thanks

Regards

Gew44

Comment

Originally posted by Gew44 View Post
                  Good job Patrick.

A massive thanks

Regards

Gew44

Thank you both Gew44 and Patrick, I see that I missed this in my search. I intended to say in the fist line of my last post that "I do not know what these are" or if they are of the period. I feel strongly that they are from either WWI or the 20s...and either German or Austo Hungarian but I would not rule out Italy...I am less familiar with their badges of that period.

Thanks to both of you again for your offer and the sharp memory in finding the old thread.

PhilD

Comment

Here is my badge. A Manions purchase in the 80's
                    Attached Files

Comment

I checked my example and it is just like the others posted in this thread and the one linked in the older thread. It is some type of silver painted/or plated steel....looks more plated actually.....but I am convinced that it is of the period circa 1916-1920s.....the materials, and simplicity of the design (no letters or name and no pin back....etc...) lead me to believe that it is of the very late WWI period..17-18 when most every metal badge was made of painted or plated steel.

I would guess either German or KuK in origin.....maybe the key lies in looking at which country was most likely to use the design of that shape of trench club and perhaps also that shape of stick grenade?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X