Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 opinions

Hi guys

I'm planning on bying a WW2 spange for the EK2, and want a WW1 EK2 to match it, I'm a total newbe on this, so I hope you could guide me on this cross would be OK.

Is it a genuine WW1 EK 2, is it silver and is there any indicatons on a repaint of the core ??

Thanks

John
    Attached Files

Couple more pics

Comment

Here they are
      Attached Files

Comment

Perfectly good cross made by Carl Dillenius of Pforzheim.
        In my opinion--one of the better made crosses.

The "800" is the silver content stamp. From what I can see from the
        pictures provided, it does not look to be repainted.

Comment

Thanks for your fast reply.

Is the frame silver on this one, and was silver common on imperial EK's ??

Comment

Originally posted by donlon View Post
            Is the frame silver on this one, and was silver common on imperial EK's ??
            Yes, this is a silver frame as the silver purity mark "800" shows. Many other WW1 era crosses (in my humble opinion: all crosses awarded in WW1) have a real silver frame, while most don't have a silver mark.

To combine it with a Wiederholungsspange, you could take any 1914 cross, as long as it was produced up to 1945. And you'll probably find a cheaper one than the "CD 800" crosses which are nice but a bit more expensive...

I'm not seeing much reason to pay a bonus on these, other than they are nicely done. But others are as nicely done... and these aren't rare at all.
            sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Thanks for your info, what would you say is a fair price for a cross like this one ??

Comment

I think I'd ask about 50,- Euro for one like this, while I'm asking 35,- Euro for a standard cross.
                sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Originally posted by saschaw View Post
                  I think I'd ask about 50,- Euro for one like this, while I'm asking 35,- Euro for a standard cross.
                  Thanks, I think I'll make him an offer for 50€, I do ike the 800 stamp, it may cost a little extra but I am not planning on collecting imperial, WW2 is more my thing, so it really dosen't matter

Like on the rest of this wonderfull site, you guys knowledge are impressive and higly appreciated

Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X