Medal Info Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal Info Needed

I have these two medals I know one is a red cross medal with repro ribbon, but I don't know what class it is. The second medal is a comemorative medal but the ribbon is also a repro ribbon. Where can i pick up original ribbons for these two medals. Thank you in advance for any info anyone can give..... Harold

Red Cross is 3rd Class....

Comment

Thank you luftkreig, as for the ribbons the yellow one is one I picked up at a sewing store and the red cross one I made useing a section of white ribbed ribbon and sharpie permanent marking pens. They will do till I find oringinal ribbons

Comment

I don't like the looks of either of these. They look freshly minted imo.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

I see what Don is saying...they both look very different from most examples seen

Have they been cleaned at all ?

Cheers,

Glen

Comment

These medals came from my uboot vet friend Edgar. He said they had belonged to one of his wife's family. They didn't have any ribbons on them when he gave them to me. They are exactly the way they were when he gave them to me except for the ribbons which I added. I have not cleaned either of them or polished them. They look different in hand than being scanned with my flatbed scanner. I will see if I can take a couple pics in natural sunlight as soon as we get a sunny day here, we expect rain for the next few days(which we need very badly)

Comment

hi, nothing wrong with either of these medals . both are fine period examples. as stated the red cross is a third class example .....pavel

Comment

Red Cross medal is really looking odd... if that's the scanner, think about buying another one. The 1897 centenary medal is totally fine.
                sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X