Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek2 Urkunde Question

I posted this on GMIC,and will post here as well:

I am just venturing into the magnificent world of Urkenden,so please bear with me if I ask dumb questions.

I have a named grouping on it's way,and I am trying to research the soldier's unit and actions it saw.

Ludwig Jackobs was born in Sternberg, Mecklenberg-Schwerin 1-July- 1875 and served in the Leib-Kompanie GroƟherzoglich Mecklenburgisches Grenadier - Regiment 89 from 16-Oct-1895- 16-Sept-1897 as a Grenadier with his conduct termed 'Sehr Gut'

He was recalled during The Great War,and was awarded the EK 2 on 3-31-1917.

When i research the" Infantarie Regiments Nr. 395 I draw a total blank, but when i researched the 17th Division I see the Mecklenburgisches Grenadier - Regiment 89 was part of the 34.Infanterie-Brigade

My question is this: am i reading the Regimental number incorrectly,or was he on TDY with Infantarie Regiments Nr. 395 when he was awarded the Ek 2( I notice his rank on the Urkunde is Landsturmann )

Here are his Identity Disks

Any info is VERY much appreciated

According to Kraus's book on the line infantry regiments, the 395th was attached to the 17.Division from Feb.23-March 7, 1917. Otherwise, they were normally attached to the 9.Res.Division.

The dogtags are interesting. I can't clearly see the reverse, but on the front it mentions two units, the 11.Landsturm training battalion Posen and infantry regiment 335. The 335th was formed in Posen.

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Chip M View Post
      According to Kraus's book on the line infantry regiments, the 395th was attached to the 17.Division from Feb.23-March 7, 1917. Otherwise, they were normally attached to the 9.Res.Division.

The dogtags are interesting. I can't clearly see the reverse, but on the front it mentions two units, the 11.Landsturm training battalion Posen and infantry regiment 335. The 335th was formed in Posen.

Chip
      THANX,very much appreciated. when the grouping gets here i'll scan the dogtags and post them

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X