Bavarian Civil Service Medal in Silver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavarian Civil Service Medal in Silver

I am trying to find information on the Bavarian Civil Service Medal in Silver award with a bust of Max Joseph I but did not have much luck on the internet.

It is fairly uncommon correct? Is there a way to distinguish between the different dates of the awards.

It is on a full bar with a bronze early 24 year service medal and a Franco-Prussian War combatants medal and there is a matching Mini-medal bar. I am guessing the service award would also late 19th Century.

Thanks,

Hello Johnny R,

It seems that there are as many as four different versions of this medal...

1792 - 1799
    1805 -1806
    1806 - 1840
    1840 - 1918

...and there are three different coinages of the last version. It is worth noting that this medal was also awarded in gold and that it is virtually identical to the medal to the Merit Order of the Bavarian Crown, the two being differentiated by their ribbon.

Surely some of our Bavarian collectors can enlighten us further on this.

Regards,

Wild Card
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, I found the little notation for it in Orden und Eherenzeichen 1800-1945 indicating it is pretty valuable. This is a terrible picture from an ad with tiny images but you can see the ribbon is not correct on the full size bar. On the Mini-bar it has the correct ribbon and award order.
      Attached Files

Comment

It seems to me the value given in OEK is too high... half of it seems more reasonable, I'd say.
        sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Okay, that is odd but maybe the market slumped. I will not sell it if I get it in any case, i just do not want to pay too much for it at auction .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X